PADI Boat Diver Specialty Course at Underwater Vision
Learn the basics of stowing your gear, entry and exit from a boat, the rules and conduct expected by passengers on a boat and the various boats you could dive from ranging from small inflatable boats (Dinghy’s), to large live aboard vessels. No matter what the boat looks like, boating is fun and your ticket to accessing some of the most exciting and untouched dive sites world wide!
What will you learn?
Learn the tips, tricks and ways to
- Dive from boats ranging from small inflatables to giant live-aboards
- how they differ from place to place
- gain experience and training from diving on boats in your local area
- Safely enter and exit the water
- sometimes it’s better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat
- sometimes you just take off your fins and weights and walk up the ladder
- Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas
- Use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives.
- Locate basic boat safety equipment
Get credit! The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
How can you start learning now?
You can start by reading the PADI Boat Diver Manual and watching the Boat Diving video in preparation for meeting with your instructor to schedule the boat dives. Stop by Underwater Vision to enroll in the course and get your Boat Diver Crew-Pak and start learning.