Become a Certified Scuba Diver in Utila with the PADI Open Water Diver Course at Underwater Vision!
Start your scuba dive education and training at the beginner level with the PADI Open Water Diver course and become associated with a world wide system of scuba diving, allowing you to travel to and explore some of the most incredible dive sites around the world! Start a unique hobby, spark a new passion and meet fun people who share your awe and excitement about the underwater environment!
At Underwater Vision we have PADI Open Water courses starting almost daily. Learn to take your very first breath beneath the Caribbean Sea in Utila, with our experienced, patient and safety-oriented PADI instructors and incite a passion that will last a lifetime!
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world’s most popular beginner scuba training course, and has introduced millions of people of all ages to the adventurous diving lifestyle. Utila is one of the most popular places in the world to become a certified scuba diver and it is no wonder! The Mesoamerican reef system which surrounds this verdant tropical island will render you awe-struck with its beauty and make crave your next dive! Get ahead and start your scuba certification online right now!
Becoming a PADI certified Open Water Diver only takes four days where you will learn all of the knowledge and skills needed to confidently explore some of the worlds most amazing reefs!
The Prerequisites For This Course
In order to enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver certification course or the PADI Junior Open Water Diver certification course in Utila you must be at least 10 years old. (PADI eLearning requires a minimum age of 13 years due to international internet laws).
What will you learn?
The PADI Open Water Diver course at Underwater Vision in Utila is separated into three training components:
- Knowledge Development which is taught in one of the air conditioned classrooms at Underwater Vision (or can be done through [oweLearning]), to introduce students to and develop proficiency of the basic aspects of scuba diving
- Confined Water Training Dives in the protected shallow water off of the end of the dock at Underwater VIsion, to get used to breathing on scuba, to view a demonstration of the basic scuba skills by your instructor and a guided attempt at practicing them yourself
- Open Water Training Dives to the various dive sites around Utila to observe life on the reef, review your newly acquired scuba skills and enjoy scuba diving
You may be able to get college credit for the Open Water Diver course while on vacation in Utila!
Short on time? The PADI Scuba Diver course might be right for you.
If you have had any beginner scuba diving training from a different organization or have completed the PADI Scuba Diver certification course, please inform your PADI instructor to see what can possibly cross over to count toward your PADI Open Water Diver certification.
How can you start learning now?
Enroll in eLearning for Open Water Diver – PADI’s eLearning option – and you can start learning right away. PADI Open Water Diver Online gives you the background information you need to dive safely and allows you to study at your own pace through an interactive computer-based program. Get started now!
You can also start learning with PADI’s home-study materials – Touch eLearning for Open Water Diver (a tablet app) or the Open Water Diver Manual and Open Water Diver Video (a book and DVD package). Stop by Underwater Vision to enroll in the course, get your materials and start reading the book and watching the video. Your PADI Instructor will schedule time with you to check your progress and make sure you understand important scuba diving information.
What scuba gear will you use?
As a part of your training during the PADI Open Water Diver course, you will learn how to use basic scuba diving equipment.
Underwater Vision supplies all of the scuba diving gear you will need for the PADI Open Water Diver course including:
- a mask so you can see underwater
- a snorkel to make breathing on the surface a breeze
- fins to move through the water easily and efficiently
- a buoyancy control device (BCD), a vest which will hold your scuba tank and help you to float effortlessly at the surface
- a scuba regulator that will attach from your tank, to your BCD with which you will breathe air from
- a depth guage and air supply gauge, which both attach to your tank and BCD
- you may also wear a short-sleeved wet suit (all that's required on Utila)
- a weight belt to help with your buoyancy and balance under the water
Breathing underwater or the first time is something you’ll never forget, so don’t wait.
- Sign up for eLearning for Open Water Diver and start learning right away
- Enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course at Underwater Vision
- Try scuba diving with the PADI Scuba Diver
- Download a PADI Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf)
- Browse the certified scuba diver FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Check out other courses in the PADI Course Catalog
Caution: Diving does become addictive!
Want to learn more? Further your dive education and training, perfect your skills and stay a little longer on Utila with the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course or the PADI Adventure Diver course both available at Underwater Vision!