Who should take this course?
The third part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program is Tec 50. As a Tec 50 diver, you show that you’ve developed competency as a tec diver and have the skills to dive to a maximum of 50 metres/165 feet. You know how to make extended, accelerated decompression stops using up to two gases. It’s not easy to reach this level and earning your Tec 50 certification opens the door to deeper diving expeditions.
To enroll in the Tec 50 course, you must:
- Be a PADI Tec 45 Diver Diver
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Have a PADI Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- At least 18 years old
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your Tec Deep Instructor.
What will you learn?
The Tec 50 course includes two knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four open water dives. A primary focus of this course is mission planning and execution. You also learn more about handling emergencies and how to think like a technical diver.
How can you start learning now?
Contact Underwater Vision to make sure you have the most current PADI Tec Deep Diver Manual, which you’ll study independently before meeting with your PADI Tec Deep Instructor.
Also, check out the PADI Tec Rec blog.
You may be able to get college credit for the PADI Tec 50 course.
What scuba gear will you use?
You’ll use full technical diving equipment and you may use a technical sidemount configuration, plus two stage/decompression cylinders. Your Tec Deep Instructor may also introduce you to using trimix on the last open water dive.
Become a Tec 50 diver:
- Sign up for the Tec 50 course at Underwater Vision
- Visit the PADI Tec Rec blog
- Download a PADI Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf)
- Download a Download the PADI Standard Safe Technical Diving Practices Statement of Understanding (pdf)
- Browse the certified scuba diver FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Check out other courses in the PADI Course Catalog